Plywood subfloor lowering kit.
Designed to provide the necessary depth to install a true, zero-entry curbless shower.
Rapid Recess bracket kit is:
- Installed from above the joists without the use of a 2×4 frame or compromising the structural integrity of the joists (Rapid Recess doesn’t interfere with plumbing or other obstacles between the joists)
- Used with different, types, widths and orientation of floor joists (joists parallel or perpendicular to shower entry)
- No framing ledger boards or cross-bracing needed
- Floor height within the lowered area is recessed by 11/16″ inch
- Kits available for point or linear drains and shower pans
- Complies fully with ICC standards and codes
Curbless showers made easy.
In today’s construction, most curbless showers are an afterthought. Thus it’s considered tremendously difficult to do. Rapid Recess brackets were designed to solve this problem. Our kits can be used in new construction or remodels by construction pros or DIYers.
Dream big with more design options.
With three kits available, your dream shower design is within reach. Whether you want a point drain or a linear drain, Rapid Recess has a kit that will make your dream curbless shower a reality.
The first step to a curbless shower is recessing the subfloor.
Expose the joists.
Attach the bracket system.
Recess the subfloor.
Finish with shower pan and tile.